A tomato knife is one of the essential tools in the kitchen that will make your vegetable preparation optimal.
The tomato knife is a small kitchen knife with a serrated blade whose main purpose is to effortlessly slice and dice tomatoes. The serrated blade is a part of engineering brilliance that allows slices through tomato skin and flesh without bruising or damaging the fruit in any way.
However, this knife is comfortable for both your left and right hand. Even without experience, it will help you produce the ideal cuts for your summer salads or roasted specialties.
Do you want to learn more about the right tomato knife model? But, in this post, we are coming for you ten of the best tomato knife sharpeners currently available and search out which of them is the perfect one for you…
Why You May Need a Tomato Knife?
Definitely, you can buy an excellent tomato knife with a serrated blade and a strong handle to have a pleasant tomato cutting experience. Believe it or not, this knife is the best way to dice a tomato. So it will influence the food’s texture and the aesthetics of the plate.
It has serrated edges in which the knife can easily enter the skin of the tomato without any need for additional pressure. Besides, a lot of tomato knives also come with forked tips that provide the lifting and movement of the tomato slices after cutting.
Interestingly, these tomato knives have a versatile addition that you can also use to slice and cut other produce like grapefruits, lemons, oranges, pineapples, etc.
Although tomato knives are amazing on their own, you can use any other knife with a serrated blade or another sharp knife to slice your tomatoes. This is the excellent multi-tools tomato knife for every kitchen.
Best of all, the knife will also help you with cheese and sausages cutting or some smaller pastry since it is a smaller type knife that ensures easily manageable and precise maneuvers. Find the top 100+ tomato knife the most popular items in Amazon Best Sellers.
List Of Top 10 Best Tomato Knife In 2021
- Rada Cutlery Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Wusthof Classic Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Rada MFG Tomato Slicer – Budget price
- Wusthof Gourmet 5-Inch Tomato Knife – Budget price
- MSC International Joie Red Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Messermeister Handcrafted Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Kai Pure Komachi Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Mercer Culinary Renaissance Forged Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Cestari 6-Inch Tomato Knife – Budget price
- Victorinox Tomato Knife – Budget price
1. Rada Cutlery Tomato Knife
This tomato knife is one of the most multi-tools and good luck for tomato lovers. This is a high-quality, built, sharp knife that you are getting at an affordable price. It will help you create delicious tomato slices.
It has a razor-sharp blade, which is made from surgical grade, high carbon stainless steel. The dual serrated blade is handy; it is great for cooks of any skill level. On the other hand, allowing left or right-handers to cut straight and clean every time.
We really love the sleek and comfortable handle made of black or silver stainless steel resin. Even it is completely dishwasher-safe. However, if you want to best preserve fine cutlery, but manufacturers suggest hand washing.
Best of all, this company offers a lifetime warranty for customers’ peace of mind. Rada tomato knives come from the United States and have been operating since 1948. They have an enviable reputation in the cutlery niche.
- Help make thinner or thicker slices or wedges
- High-quality stainless steel blade
- Classic design, stainless steel resin handle
- American made with a lifetime guarantee
2. Wusthof Classic Tomato Knife
This is a premium quality tomato knife that you can use at home cooks and professional chefs. Though a bigger investment gadget than the other models. So, it is one of the most reputable cutlery companies by top craftsmanship.
Like our first choice, this knife is a high-carbon stainless steel blade and forged in Germany, which provides hand-honing for optimal durability and sharpness. The 5-inch blade features a double prong end so you will be able to effortlessly pick up and move slices out of your workspace.
Thanks to the ergonomically designed and classic black triple-riveted handle, it will feel comfy and safe if you are a left or right-hand user. For this reason, it is a chef’s dream in terms of longevity, strength, and comfort.
However, the Wusthof tomato knife has a serrated forked tipped blade and comes with a manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty.
- Premium craftsmanship
- Razor-sharp and high carbon stainless steel blade
- Forked tip for easy penetration
- German quality
- Triple-riveted & ergonomic handle
- Impressive balance, Suitable for left- and right-handed users
3. Rada MFG Tomato Slicer
This handcrafted tomato knife has been made in the US. which you can use suitable for both left-and right-hand. This extra sharp will help you make even cuts with every use.
The cutlery by Rada is made of surgical quality, high carbon stainless steel. Being an aluminium grey handle, which comfortably sets and great balance the knife in your hand. As well as, hollow ground blades ensure maximum edge retention and sharpness.
There is a dual-serrated blade that offers to slice the ideal tomato slices will be the easiest task ever.
In this brand, you will get 6 tomato knives. So, definitely, it is a smart and long term investment.
However, you can keep these knives in your indoor and outdoor kitchen. Even you can store it for later use or give it as a gift to a friend or a relative. They will certainly admire it.
- Suitable for left- and right-handed users
- Extremely sharp, dual-serrated blade
- Made from high-carbon stainless steel
- Aluminium grey handle and Dishwasher safe
- You get a collection of 6 knives
4. Wusthof Gourmet 5-Inch Tomato Knife
Indeed, this knife is one of Wusthof’s most praised models and amazing value for money tomato knives. Even this superb quality tomato knife can also be used to cut citrus fruits or other small fruits and vegetables.
It is a serrated sharp blade that enables it to slice through tomatoes without damaging the delicate fruit. The forked knife tip makes ideal for picking up the thinly sliced produce for serving.
The full tang provides laser-cut stamped form a single piece of exclusive Wusthof high carbon stainless steel. Being a polymer triple-riveted handle ensures the optimal balance of the knife during use.
Thanks to the company offer, you will get a limited lifetime warranty for it. This knife is made according to the highest standard of German craftsmanship for its high durability and precision.
- Amazing value for money
- Serrated and sharp laser-cut blade
- Durable synthetic polypropylene handle
- Full tang for a great balance
- V-ground edge
- Lifetime warranty
5. MSC International Joie Red Tomato Knife
You will get a great two-piece included of tomato slices and tomato knife for easy and enjoyable tomato preparation. This knife is also perfect for preparing onions, potatoes, etc.
It is constructed with stainless steel and ABS plastic that is FDA certified. As well it is a durable one, which is BPA free.
Plus, you can effortlessly use the slicer- for this, you will fit it over the tomato and place it over a flat and sturdy surface. Now, start making smooth and guided slices with the knife. You will be able to have unanimous and beautiful slices of tomatoes, but of potatoes and onions.
Because of how the slots are set, it just does not give a thin slice; rather, you will produce thicker ones. Also, just cut every second or third slot, and you can create the best slices for the occasion.
It is the perfect choice for you because the slicer will protect your fingers and prevent injuries.
This tomato knife is a practical and lightweight gadget that you can use in the home kitchen or a professional one.
- Two-piece set (knife + slicer)
- Suitable for potatoes and onions
- Made from BPA-free, durable plastic
- Practical and lightweight gadgets
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
6. Messermeister Handcrafted Tomato Knife
Messermeister’s best-serrated tomato knife comes with a plastic sheath and a hanger hole, which makes it safer to travel with and store. Plus, this is a wonderful red colour tomato knife. So, it will help you tackle tasks like chopping, dicing, and slicing of tomatoes, but of other foods too.
When maneuvering with it, you have to need not worry about tiredness and pressure in the hands. Because it has an amazing ergonomic handle, on the other hand, the razor-sharp blade is made in high-quality stainless steel. It is a great budget option sharp enough to handle tomato cutting duties.
It is the perfect choice for entry through foods with a tough exterior and a softer interior like tomatoes.
Users really love the included sheath because of the sharpness of this budget option. Even, it will help you prevent injuries, and it safer to throw into a bag for a day trip or picnic.
- Stainless steel blade
- Made in Portugal
- Comes with protective sheath
- Comfortable on the hands
7. Kai Pure Komachi Tomato Knife
The Pure Komachi is an eye-catching, bright monochromatic coloured tomato knife that also excels at cutting cheese, gliding through veggies and meats.
The high carbon stainless steel blade provides serrated knife uses and retains the razor-sharp edge for a long time. The best slicing tomato knife is ideal for making short work of tomato preparation.
The non-stick coating prevents corrosion over time and makes cleanup much easier. On the other hand, the strong red colour is made by bonding food-safe FDA-approved resin to the stainless-steel blade.
After all, a 4-inch knife, it’s another little knife, and with the help of the lightweight handle, you will be able to effortlessly use it without tiredness and pressure in the hands.
- Multi-point tip
- High-carbon stainless steel blade
- Food-safe, FDA-approved resin coating
- An easy-to-clean and sharp blade
- Limited lifetime guarantee
- Resists rust and corrosion
- Lightweight and easy to use
8. Mercer Culinary Renaissance Forged Tomato Knife
Are you looking for NSP-certified and the triple-riveted tomato knife? Then it’s definitely this one because you will get high-carbon German steel which prevents rust, corrosion, and discolouration.
What’s more, it has included a one-piece, forged construction and rounded spine, which retains excellent strength and longevity. Thanks to the taper-ground edge, it offers optimal sharpness for a long time.
The beautiful Delrin handle ensures it is highly comfortable and durable enough to withstand both cold and hot temperatures. On the other hand, the shorted bolster allows the sharpening ease as it exposes the blade’s full edge.
Best of all, if you want a durable and strong knife, we recommend that this is your best option.
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Easy sharpening thanks to shortened bolster
- Full tang
- Rounded spine for great comfort
- high-carbon German steel blade
- Prevent corrosion, rust, and discolouration
9. Cestari 6-Inch Tomato Knife
Cestari 6-inch tomato knives are affordable and ideal for use in your kitchen at home. The utility knife’s blade is constructed with zirconium oxide, a premium ceramic. Besides, it has an exceptionally sharp edge, longer than stainless or carbon steel cutlery. It prevents rust and unpleasant odour absorption.
The knife’s lightweight and ergonomic design provides comfy and ideally balanced. You will be able to easily slide through fresh produce and other food. On the other hand, the knife sheath keeps your finger safe and prevents knife damage and possible injuries.
Best of all, being a single piece finished polypropylene handle, it cannot germs and bacteria pile up. This knife is top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
However, the best-serrated knife makes the slicing of veggies, fruits, cheese, and bread effortlessly.
- Exceptionally-sharp blade
- Rust-prone blade
- Serrated blade ideal for tomatoes, meat, and cheese
- Rubberized, comfy, non-slippery handle
10. Victorinox Tomato Knife
Victorinox is an affordable and lightweight tomato knife. They have a serrated blade with a round tip and excellent sharpness that will help you the slicing of veggies, fruits, cheese, and bread.
Featuring a high carbon stainless steel blade provides ice-tempered. So the knife has been sharp and strong for a long time.
This is an excellent choice for saving time and preventing mess. What’s more, you effortlessly use it for a prolonged time, because the knife will feel no tiredness or pressure in your hands.
The durable Fibrox handle has a slip-resistant and ergonomically designed for maximum comfort while providing optimal balance.
These tomato knife brands will look good in any kitchen with a pleasant green colour, and you can’t miss it in the kitchen.
- Ultra-sharp stainless steel blade
- Serrated blade & rounded tip ideal for veggies, fruits, bread, cheese
- Ergonomic, nylon and soft handle made from quality plastic
- Made in Switzerland
- Hassle-free lifetime guarantee
How to maintain a tomato knife properly?
Once you have found the best tomato knife for you, it is important to notice that if you can use it properly, then it will help you finish the cutting, dicing, or slicing task optimally. Here are some tips for slicing several types of tomatoes in the kitchen:
- For the perfect tomato slice, at first use the pronged or pointed end of your knife to remove the core on the top of the tomato.
- For the ideal tomato wedges for your get-together salads, hold the knife at 45-degree angles as you cut.
- Then without putting pressure on the tomato, put the knife back to penetrate the skin.
- For the flawless wedges of the cherry and grape tomatoes, slide the knife smoothly through the remaining flesh using a soft sawing motion.
Best of all, now you can enjoy the perfect tomato slice with a little salt and pepper!
You Can See These Related Reviews
- Read More Top 10 Best Steak Knife Set
- Read More Top 10 Best Pocket Knife Under $50
- Read More Top 10 Best Electric Fillet Knife
- Read More Top 10 Best Carving Knives
- Read More Top 10 Best Boning Knife
- Read More Top10 Best Oyster Knife
- Read More Top 10 Best Ulu Knife
What to Look for in a Tomato Knife?
You can choose the best tomato knife purchase without having a second thought. For this, you should know some important factors. Check them out in the list below:
- The types of the blade – straight, serrated or hollow edge blade, razor-sharp blade, dual serrated blade, Serrated and sharp laser-cut blade, rust-prone blade
- The material of the blade – stainless steel, high carbon German steel, high
- The material of the handle – Rubberized, non-slippery handle, Lightweight & contoured handle, Durable synthetic polypropylene handle, Aluminum grey handle, Triple-riveted & ergonomic handle, Classic, stainless steel and plastic handle,
- Balance – easy and comfortable to hold and pick up both lightweight blade and handle
- Tang – Some knives also have a full tang, which means the blade runs through the handle and helps balance it.
- Price – affordable price
- Warranty – company offers a hassle-free lifetime warranty.
- Clean – dishwasher safe and easy to clean
If you are worried about the sharpness of your tomato knife, do not worry- a quality knife sharpener can be of great aid. This long-term investment will help keep all of your knife collection razor-sharp.
A tomato knife is a tool that we need to get used regularly in the kitchen. So we need to choose the right multi-tool knife. Although it is designed for neatly slicing tomato, yet you can use it to cut various types of vegetables. Such as food like cheese, egg, fruit, veggie, and small bread rolls are also effortlessly sliced with the knife.
A tomato knife is a little type of knife that provides a lot of advantages. It has an excellent combination of a serrated blade and a strong handle. Will help you create great salads and aesthetically pleasing. Also, it will also ensure the delicious food.
In our review, there are 10 amazing tomato knife features from three recognized cutlery brands. Each of them is a great choice tomato knife.
We recommend that, if you would like premium craftsmanship, our perfect choice is Rada cutlery that is made from stainless steel tomato knives.
All the best of all, many users prefer a ceramic option rather than stainless steel and a tomato knife that’s amazing value for money. You cannot be wrong with the cestari one.